Sunday, January 25, 2009

Tiger!!

I started showing the word cards to Ben and asking him "What's this word". Well, out of about 25 that I showed him yesterday he got "tiger", "wave" and "hi". Also when I showed him "smiling" he pointed to his teeth ("teeth" is not one of his words). Then today while he was swinging I showed him the word cards again, and again he got "tiger" right away. Soooo... after only 3 weeks of showing the DVD's and the word cards as much as possible he IS learning to read! Very cool!

I keep trying to get Jack to watch the DVD, but he is not much interested yet. I'll keep at it though. If I can get both kids reading by age 3 I will be very pleased.

Today was Eric's birthday party at the clubhouse at his apartment complex. Ben had a fantastic time playing chase and hide-and-seek with Aunt Aimee and Havyn. Rob took lots of pictures and I got some video of Ben and Havyn playing ring-around-the-rosey (a new one for Ben - he just learned it today).

Ben also slept until 8 am this morning!!! =-O Normally he is up without fail at 5:50 am no matter what time he goes to bed. I was very pleasantly surprised! He also did not take a nap at all today and was still very good - no whining or fussing.

Jack has been sleeping pretty consistently from 5:30pm to 4am - only waking occasionally for paci retreival or re-swaddle. He is still a very happy baby!

I'll try to get Rob to get the video of Ben into some format where I can post it.

No comments:

Post a Comment