Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Doings

Ben had a great time at the birthday party today. The weather was nice, so everyone played outside for a bit. Max had lots of toy tractors to ride on, his dad Mike had built a "house" out of hay and they had a swingset with slide as well. Unfortunately we were in such a rush to get out the door that I forgot the camera. Sorry! Rob says Ben climbed up on top of the hay house and did great playing with the other kids.

Ben has still been waking up before 6am every morning even though he is going to bed no earlier than 7pm. I am beginning to think it's because of all these marathon 2 1/2 to 3 hour naps he is taking every day. We had to wake him up after only about an hour today so we'll see if that helps him sleep longer at night. I think tomorrow if it looks like he is going to sleep longer than 1 1/2 hours I will wake him up again. Maybe that will help him sleep in a bit. Sure would be nice!

He is also still taking off his pants and diaper in the evening and sitting on the potty by the fireplace for a few minutes (sometimes he will do this in the mornings too). Then he says "all done" (even though he hasn't done anything) and gets up and goes to get a new diaper out of the drawer and then hands it to me. Tonight he got 2 diapers out of the drawer and brought them in and said "This one or this one?" I pointed to one (they were identical) and he handed it to me and then went and put the other one back in the drawer. Funny! Hopefully this will lead to him actually USING the potty. I think it's cool that he is potty training himself.

Jack went to bed at 5pm last night and didn't wake up until 3:30am. Starting tonight he will be on all formula. I fed him last night at 3:30 but I'm not sure he actually got anything so he got a bottle at 4am as well. I also gave him some oatmeal today because he seemed to be having constipation issues and the oatmeal I gave him on the other days seemed to help. It helped today too - within a couple of hours. As long as it doesn't seem to be bothering him I guess I'll continue with the oatmeal for a week and then try something new after that.

Jack's eyes are still very blue. He is also in 9 month clothes now! It will be interesting to see how much he weighs at the next pediatrician visit which is next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment