Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday Haps

Took goopy nose Jack to the pediatrician today because he seemed worse. Luckily no infections anywhere - ears are completely clear - but very red and raw nose and throat. The Doc gave me an "emergency" prescription for some antibiotics which I am supposed to fill if he is not better by Thursday. Incidentally I went to the Doctor too and it turns out I have a sinus infection so I started my antibiotics today.

Gigi bought Benjamin a "plasma car" which he has been riding nearly constantly. He loves it. Since the weather has been so nice we've been taking it out on the deck. He still prefers to move it around with his feet mostly, but he does love to turn corners with his feet up.

The other night I gave Ben a few pretzels. He took the first one, bit one side off of it, then held it up and said "This letter B?" =-) We also have foam letters we play with in the bathtub and he will usually pick one up and say something like "This HUH HUH noise!" (when holding the letter H). Where did he learn that?

He is big into pretending right now and most of it revolves around himself or toys getting "stuck" or "broken" so that he then has to go "put gas in it" or "put batteries in it". He will run around the coffee table and then stop and say "Ben broken!" then "Put batteries in it". Then he'll pretend to open up his side, pick something up off the floor, make sound effects while he puts in the pretend batteries, then close the ... whatever... and start running around the coffee table again.

Jack is getting pretty good at crawling backward. I remember Ben doing this at first too, then he started getting up on his hands and knees and rocking, then away he went. I'd guess mid-May Jack will be crawling all over the place.

Both boys are in need of season appropriate clothes, so I'm gonna check out the consignment shops soon! I managed to let Jack ruin 2 of his 9 month onesies in one day by letting him run around on the deck without shoes (got holes in the toes). He really fits better in 12 to 18 month clothes and we don't have much in that size for spring. Ben also needs PJs for spring/summer although I had considered just getting him some big t-shirts and letting him sleep in those.

Okay, off to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment