Monday, April 6, 2009

Day 1 of Mommy the Nanny (again)

Quick update...

The paci thing didn't stick. Rather than cause any trauma I just gave it back to him. He'll get rid of it when he goes to kindergarten and all the other kids make fun of him. ha ha

Jack has his first tooth! Bottom right. Bottom left one to follow any second - I can see it under the gums.

Ben is also getting a new tooth - upper right (molar). He's not complaining about it at all though.

Something else new with Ben this week... He asked us to remove the rails from his toddler bed. Then when I told him "Daddy will have to get his tools and take them off" he got out his play screwdriver and proceeded to pretend to take the rails off. Rob had the good idea to just take one side off and see how he does with it first. So far so good. Two nights down and 2 naps with no trouble.

I'm having a lot of fun giving the boys their baths at the same time. Ben has been asking to play with the soap (Mommy and Daddy's soap) and Jack will grab at anything that floats by and into his mouth it goes (the soap is too slippery if you were worried about that). Cute, cute, cute. I have some pictures to post but will have to do that later (need to get back to work while I'm still awake)!

One more thing... Ben is the most grateful child on the planet I think. You do the simplest thing for him like pick a toy up that he dropped and hand it to him and it's "OOOOOH! THANK you Mommy! Thank you!" I got something similar when I brought out some broccoli for him at lunch. Then he actually ate it and said "MMMMMMM MMMMMMM! Goood!"

More later...



1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun to give them a bath at the same time. Also I hope the "gratefulness" sticks - maybe he'll keep it up through his teenage years.

    ReplyDelete