Friday, June 17, 2011

Benjamin

Still can't believe our 1st born is about to start kindergarten!!! Here is Ben's update:
  • Ben graduated from home preschool in May (see picture below). They have a 5 year old program for kids who are in kindergarten and we will continue with that and maybe save the assignments until summer.
  • He does not like being the center of attention from strangers, so he usually does not smile for pictures.
  • Ben got regular preschool pictures taken and DID smile. He said the photographer said "say stinky feet"!
  • For awhile he loved riding his new bike that I found him at a garage sale for $5.00. The training wheels cost $10.00. lol Gigi and Grandpa bought him a helmet too! Then it got hot (VERY hot) all of a sudden and he doesn't like to go outside much anymore.
  • I found my old rubber broom in the laundry room and then Ben wanted to play with it. He pretended it was a gate, an antenna, etc. and then used the word "detect" in regard to the sweeper (something like "I use this to detect things").
  • I bought a wool duster at Walmart and Ben got very excited and went around dusting everything. I then bought him a .97 cent feather duster which he has been playing with a lot. He's very creative about his "inventions".
  • Not sure if I mentioned it before, but I learned that Ben can write his name. He came home with a little butterfly book they had made in preschool and he pointed out that he wrote "Ben" in yellow crayon on the back of one of the pages.
  • He is often singing a song he heard at preschool or one he makes up about whatever he is doing.
  • Ben does not like to make his bed or brush his teeth, but he will get dressed and always put on his own shoes. He will also pick up 5 toys - a new rule before bed time.
  • Unfortunately the Dentist says he has 2 cavities - one in each 2nd molar on the top. He is scheduled to have fillings put in June 30th. I remain dubious and wish he didn't have to go through that. But I read that they don't loose those teeth until around age 12, so I suppose it is best.
Funnies:
Ben just called the fly swatter a "fly slapper", then he called it a "fly swapper".
Ben: (while pretending to cut my hair) God paints your hair.
Me: God paints your hair?
Ben: (chuckling) Yeah, I just learned that.
Me: Where did you learn that?
Ben: In the Bible.

Pictures!

Home preschool graduation (Ben in red jacket)
Ben requested I take this picture.
Ben made a "car" out of his cheese and crackers, so again I had to take a picture.
Not sure why he's in a box, but I had to snap a pic!
The artist and his work - chalk all over the door and frame. Well, it DOES kinda look like a chalk board, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment