Thursday, March 26, 2009

Quick Update

Here are some pics Naomi took with her phone this week (below). Unfortunately she had to give her notice yesterday. I didn't realize she lived in Bentonville and has been driving an hour here and back every day. She has been offered a job closer to home, but will stay until April 3rd (next Friday).

After that, I've decided to be a stay-at-home, work-from-home Mom. I will get up and work a couple of hours in the morning before the kids wake up, and then a few hours at night after they go to bed. If I can get in an hour during the day when they are both asleep, so much the better.










Benjamin is getting better and better at describing things, asking questions, etc. He will watch his shows on TV and say things like "Did it go up Mom? Did it go up?" or "Is he crying Mom?" Also, when he is expecting someone to come to the house he will say something like "Is Naomi home?"

I took him to a dinosaur event at the Springdale Public Library last Saturday. He listened to a couple of the books they read and then that was about it for his attention span. He was hungry and kept saying "Some mac cheese mom? Some pea'butter jelly?" Plus it started at 11:00 and noon is his naptime, so we had to leave before the craft and singing and dancing. It was still fun though. When we got back out to the car, there was a black mini-SUV parked beside us and he pointed to it and said "That Mimama's car?" ("Mimama" is Rob's Mom who has a black Mercedes SUV).

He is also still learning new words, but is stubborn and won't tell you what they say if you hold the word cards up for him. Although, he did get "dog" last night (it was the first card I held up) but then he was being goofy and saying every card I held up was "dog".

He is also starting to be able to sing parts of songs. I'll ask him what he wants to sing, then I'll sing part and then stop and he'll fill in. It's really cute.

Speaking of cute, I found him in his room last night with the baby wipes cleaning up the "poop" from his doll (my old Cabage Patch Kid). I got some video. I'll see if I can get Rob to clip it so I can post. Just for the record, there really wasn't any poop. He is getting good at pretending. He also pretends to "fix" everything with his tools and still plays with his toolbench almost every day.

Jack is doing fantastic. He is getting better at sitting up by himself for longer periods of time. He is babbling more (dada dadada da da) and screeching less and continues to sleep well and eat LOTS. He is now on 3 babyfood meals/day. We put him down about 6pm and he wakes up usually just once between then and 6 or 7am.

I started giving both kids a bath at the same time. Jack seems to really like the infant seat and kicks and splashes. Ben likes to "wash baby" by pouring water on Jack with his cup.

Guess that's all for now. Best get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment