Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Everyday Stuff

The other day I was drawing a bath for Emma. She was at the gate "complaining" because she wanted to come in, so I opened the gate. She came in, went behind the door and got the bath mat that I put in the tub to keep the kids from slipping and handed it to me. =-) She's doing great walking now. She actually looks like she's practicing - just walking until she has to stop and then turns around and goes back the way she came.

Yesterday morning Jack was talking up a storm. In the midst of everything (about breakfast, making toast, etc.) he said "when we were at Memo's house it was dark. Daddy said the earth was spinning". Hard to believe he just turned 3!

Ben seems to like school. He has been hard to wake up the past 2 mornings, so I'm going to try putting them both to bed at 8pm tonight. I'll just do like I do at Mom's house and lie in there with them until they are asleep.

Today I got smart and brought several books with us to pick up Ben. We usually have to sit in line and wait about 15 minutes, so I just read to Jack and Emma while we waited and that helped pass the time and prevented any major melt-downs.

1 comment:

  1. It is surprising he remembered that. Jack had said to me that it was dark, and asked why. I said it was dark because the sun went down because the Earth was spinning.

    ReplyDelete