Thursday, June 4, 2009

June Update

So much for Jack's top teeth coming in! Still nothing yet up there. Jack has started crawling but it's obvious he would much prefer to walk. He can crawl normally, but gets lazy and either reaches out and drags himself to whatever/whoever he wants, or uses one foot and one knee which is kinda funny to watch. Mostly he crawls to get over to something he can pull up on so he can stand. Right at the moment he is trying to pull up on one of the baby gates. Awhile ago it was the fireplace (eeeps!). He is such a good baby and can entertain himself for a long time if he's not hungry/tired/in need of a diaper change. He's been "dancing" lately too (bouncing when music comes on). I've got to try to get some video of that. It's cute!

Ben is a talking machine lately. The other day I was taking them somewhere and while buckling his seat belt he said "Ben want drive Mommy." I said "You want to drive?" He said "YEeeah!" I told him he was a bit young yet. He's also been singing lately although most of the time I'm not sure what it is he's trying to sing - except the Muppet song that doesn't have any words. In the car one day I started "singing" that and it went like this:
me: do dooo duh do do
Ben: buh duh buh duh
me (smiling): do do do do
Ben: buh duh buh duh

Now he does it on command - although Rob informs me it is "muh nuh muh nuh".

Ben is also a very good cleaning helper. He often pulls a wipe out of his wipes holder and proceeds to "clean" all the windows he can reach. =-) He also likes to pretend to call people on all of our cell phones, or his pretend ones. Although, if you try to get him to talk to anyone for REAL on the phone, he gets very shy. He is getting better about that though.

This morning we went to the park and he ran up and went down both "big" slides all by himself. When other kids came to the playground (much older and bigger kids) he was so excited to follow them around and do whatever they did. He cried when we left and kept saying "Ben want play with those kids!". I am going to try to find him some class or activity to participate in with other kids. I really think he would enjoy that. Or maybe I can find a preschool for him that will let him go partial days. I don't want to give him up for full days!

Guess that's it for now. I'll try to post pictures soon.

3 comments:

  1. I love it when they do the one knee, one foot kind of crawl! It shows potential! :)
    I remember when we first starting bring Elise around other kids...she was shy at first and then it was like "Cool! Short People!" Then it was always hard to leave.
    That did motivate us to start her in the Montessori School at 20 months. It was Really Hard the first few weeks, but she loved it, so I got over it! :) I'm SURE you can find something for him to attend part-time with other kids! I missed her like crazy at first tho, I won't lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1303/mana_mana/

    ReplyDelete
  3. better copy:
    http://www.milkandcookies.com/link/7452/detail/

    ReplyDelete